[blind-internet-tv] Re: ROKU Issues?

  • From: Chime Hart <chime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-internet-tv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 21:37:50 -0700

OK David, thanks for your interactive comments. First of all, those were link numbers. I am running LYNX a text browser. Orca is a graphical browser which I know of but I am not comfortable with. My Linux screen-reader is Speakup.
As far as looping, what I mean, after hitting enter I return to same menu I had while making choices. I have written to PBs and ABC-News where I am also having issues on ROKU. The way I understand it, Apple TV requires a certain amount of consistancy, but ROKU 3rd parties don't seem well connected with ROKU. I am sure hoping when this new version comes out this month, things will improve. And finally sites should be backward compatible, so what if I cannot run javascript. Denuying that kind of access is not access for all.
Chime