[blind-democracy] Re: the innauguration

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81" for DMARC)
  • To: blind-democracy <blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 14:56:08 -0500

I did take time out to watch the inauguration myself and it was pretty much as you describe it in your reasons not to watch. The main reason I did, though, was because just in case there was an attack I wanted to catch it live. That would have made it interesting.

___

George H. Smith “It is my firm conviction that man has nothing to gain, emotionally or otherwise, by adhering to a falsehood, regardless of how comfortable or sacred that falsehood may appear. Anyone who claims, on the one hand, that he is concerned with human welfare, and who demands, on the other hand, that man must suspend or renounce the use of his reason, is contradicting himself. There can be no knowledge of what is good for man apart from knowledge of reality and human nature, and there is no manner in which this knowledge can be acquired except through reason. To advocate irrationality is to advocate that which is destructive to human life.” ― George H. Smith, Atheism: The Case Against God
On 1/20/2021 12:49 PM, Miriam Vieni wrote:

I haven't watched the ceremony. I never do, nor do I watch presidential
debates. It's all theater and pageantry as far as I'm concerned, just
propaganda to keep the masses in line. But one of my Washington Post
headlines tells me that in his speech, Biden pleads for national unity. Here
we go again. Is he out of his mind? All that talk about unity and
bipartisanship by Obama helped get us here. It would be nice if these
politicians would be honest for a change and call out the people who are
causing conflict. I don't want to see new terrorism laws as Biden has
already promised, but it would have been nice if they'd used the laws and
procedures that already exist against white people for a change. If I were
younger, perhaps I would be as optimistic as some of those young leftists
who keep writing about how now we have an opportunity to move Biden to the
left.