[blind-democracy] Re: Roger, Bob, Allah, God and the Tooth Fairy

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81" for DMARC)
  • To: blind-democracy <blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 15:18:04 -0400

Re: [blind-democracy] Re: Roger, Bob, Allah, God and the Tooth Fairy
Oh, you make the snarky remarks and then accuse me of bullying. This is further irrationality. But I do choose to cling to rationalism. To do otherwise
would be tantamount to deciding to be insane. But I do not eschew wonder. There is an incredible amount of wonder to be found in reality. In fact, when
you said that you see god in the budding of a flower I was just thinking at the time how pitiful it is to see fairy tale characters in such a thing when
there is so much wonder in contemplating how angiosperms and insects coevolved through a feedback evolutionary algorithm that gave the bright colors that
attract the insects while at the same time molding what patterns actually attract them and the insects evolved to obtain food from that source while fertilizing
the flowers at the same time. There is so much room for wonder in just that example and virtually endless room for wonder in the complexities of the rest
of reality. Yet, you fail to see all of that wonder because you are so wrapped up in pushing it aside in order to justify claims of magic and invisible
beings with super powers. As for knowing everything, that is something that I have always wanted. Part of the reason is exactly that wonder that exists
in everything that is real. I love to learn new things and when I do I do find wonder in finding out something I never knew before. Alas, though, I have
to live with the fact that I will not and can not ever know everything. In order to make some headway in that direction, though, I must be careful to always
keep superstition from interfering with my ability to learn. Superstition is and always has been one of the biggest blocks to learning about all the wonders
of the universe that humanity has ever had. It has not even occurred to me to convince you of the superiority of my intellect. I am, rather, trying to
convince you of the folly of irrational superstitious thinking. As I have said before, superiority is one of those words that needs a context to be meaningful.
That is, in order to be superior it is necessary to specify what one is being superior about. In that case, if you actually believe in imaginary beings
with magical powers and I believe in reality then I suppose that my intellect is superior in being rational.

On 9/15/2017 2:06 AM, Bonnie L. Sherrell wrote:
block quote
How sad for you, Roger, that in choosing to cling so to rationalism you have
eschewed wonder.  But, then, "knowing" everything must make you feel oh, so,
safe.  Certainly you are trying to convince me of the superiority of your
intellect.

I do not care for bullying and namecalling, so I am disengaging now.  Goodbye.

Bonnie L. Sherrell
Teacher at Large

"Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends." LOTR

"Don't go where I can't follow."

We gave the Goblin King control of our nation!

block quote end