[blind-democracy] Puerto Rico; a look at America's future under the Corporate Empire

  • From: Carl Jarvis <carjar82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy <blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 06:49:30 -0700

Puerto Rico: a look at America's future under the Corporate Empire.
Today's Democracy Now is an absolute must listen for anyone wanting a
glimpse of what the United States of America will look like if we
allow the Empire to continue on its current course.
www.democracynow.org
That's the program for today, Wednesday, August 5, 2015. And the
second section on the erosion of voting rights in America goes hand in
glove with the ultimate destruction of public ownership in our nation.
Remember, Puerto Rico is a Colony of the United States. It is also
the canary in the coal mine, serving as a warning to the 50 states of
the disaster that awaits us if Corporate Capitalism continues
unchecked.
Keep an eye on the danger signs. The changes that are going to crush
the will of the American People. Austerity measures; privatization of
public lands; privatization of public schools; privatization of public
health services; restricted voters rights; expanded private prisons
and expanded production within those prisons; reduction of individual
freedom in the guise of defending our national security; a doubling
down on whistle blowers and outspoken journalists.
As long as the Empire keeps our attention on the Terrorists they claim
are threatening our borders, we remain blind to the Terrorists within.
We are at war and don't have a clue. We have no plan for defending
ourselves, much less a plan of attack.
While our enemies, the Corporate Capitalists lay their traps, we sit
mindlessly in front of our TV's and entertainment devices, leaving our
fate in their greedy hands. It's 1984 on steroids.