[blind-democracy] Re: Mistaken Identity?

  • From: Carl Jarvis <carjar82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 12:13:36 -0700

Now that's a funny story. Especially for those of us, like me, who
are in the habit of putting our big feet in our mouth.

Carl Jarvis

On 6/23/15, Roger Loran Bailey <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This appeared in a local newspaper humor column, so I don't trust it to
be true, but the author of the column said that his informant was the
man in the story and that the man purports it to be true.
The man was in the checkout line at a grocery store when a very
attractive young woman in front of him turns to him and with a big smile
says, "Hi there!"
The man is a bit taken aback, but says, "Hi there. Do I know you?"
She then says, "You're the father of one of my kids, aren't you?"
The man is flabbergasted and after stammering a bit he says, "Oh no! Of
course not! You must have me mistaken for someone else!"
The woman looks confused herself, but mutters an apology and after they
pass through the checkout lane they part company. But she has gotten the
man thinking. Before he was married he did do his share of sowing his
wild oats, so it was just possible that he might have fathered children
he didn't know about. After some intense thinking he thinks he just
might know who the young woman is. She seems to be a little young to bee
the one he is thinking of, but it is just possible. In the parking lot
he sees her loading groceries into her car and he approaches her.
He blurts out to her, "Are you the girl I once met at a party when I was
in college and we got really drunk together and ended up spending the
night together in bed and never saw each other again?"
This time it was her turn to be shocked. After spluttering a while she
finally says, "Oh no! Of course not! I'm your son's second grade teacher!"