[blind-democracy] Re: Garrison Keillor on Retiring: "Paul Krugman Is the American Conscience. I Don't Think I Am at All."

  • From: Carl Jarvis <carjar82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 08:17:08 -0700

Thanks Miriam. I'm tucking this list away for those rainy days that
are coming.

Carl Jarvis

On 9/2/15, Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Carl,

I read a lot of fiction. Some of it is pleasureable. Some is about the
things I'm most interested in and so it isn't necessarily an escape. I look
at the NY Times Book Review section each Sunday on Newsline on the web and
keep lists of books I might like, and I also check BARD each day for new
books plus I'm a member of the DB Review list where, sometimes, people
recommend books I've overlooked, but would have liked if I'd noticed them.
So actually, picking books is a task, but it is rewarding. There are lots
of
great books to read, good stories that aren't necessarily violent. It
depends what things you like. But try The Truth According To Us, DB-Kwan_
Kevin Crazy rich Asians DB77099, DB-Krueger_ William Kent Ordinary grace_ a
novel DB78187, DB-Atkinson_ Kate A God in ruins_ a novel DB81443, and The
secret wisdom of the Earth DB80408. Of all of them, I think you'd most like
The Secret Wisdom of the Earth and The Truth According To Us. But I have a
whole list of other books which are great stories and which keep my mind
occupied,and my spirit flying off in escape mode.