[blind-democracy] FW: Support Independent Investigation of MSF Hospital Bombing

  • From: Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2015 17:17:48 -0400

_____

From: info=justforeignpolicy.org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:info=justforeignpolicy.org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Just
Foreign Policy
Sent: Friday, October 09, 2015 5:12 PM
To: miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Support Independent Investigation of MSF Hospital Bombing

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=4%2B72cyg7KZs5sA%2BvKuLZXxTAL8
xbEdj7> Just Foreign Policy

Dear Miriam,

Urge Congress to support an independent investigation of the Kunduz MSF
hospital bombing.

Take
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=iCYlGFPugIWagPHhq5zZROHqAQ0Jn%
2FnU> Action

On October 3, US military forces were responsible for the bombing of a
Doctors Without Borders [MSF] hospital in Kunduz, Afghanistan. Twelve
humanitarians were killed while they worked; ten patients died in their
hospital beds, including three children. US bombing of the hospital
persisted, despite the fact that Doctors Without Borders notified the
government of its location and the ongoing attack on the hospital.

Reps. Ellison, McGovern, Barbara Lee, and Grijalva are circulating a letter
to their colleagues backing calls for a civilian-led, independent
investigation of the US bombing of the MSF hospital. Urge your
Representative to sign the Ellison-McGovern-Lee-Grijalva letter by signing
our petition at MoveOn:

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Wr7frCVy05yGWGO7N%2FwUdxTAL8xb
Edj7>
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/independent-investigation-MSF-bombing

Cooperating with a thorough civilian-led investigation conducted by the UN
or other independent body would communicate to the world that the US is
committed to the transparency and accountability required to ensure such a
catastrophic event does not happen again. The Pentagon's changing stories in
the wake of the disaster have undermined international confidence in the
ability of the Pentagon to conduct a meaningful investigation.

Urge Congress and the Administration to support the
Ellison-McGovern-Lee-Grijalva call for a civilian-led independent
investigation by signing and sharing our petition:

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Oo%2FcH4VtFt2%2FPX2HHuVGKhTAL8
xbEdj7>
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/independent-investigation-MSF-bombing

Thanks for all you do to help make US foreign policy more just,

Robert Naiman and Avram Reisman
Just Foreign Policy

Help support our work by making a $15 tax-deductible donation.
If you like what we do, help fund us. Make a $15 tax-deductible donation
today!
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/donate
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=I7Z%2FFueybvn2Fw36IeOm%2BBTAL8
xbEdj7>

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=bQ6mHDqHVP5lTSVLHgFquBTAL8xbEd
j7> Please support our work. Donate for a Just Foreign Policy

C 2015 Just Foreign Policy

Click
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=U786YGKPfDG6jh%2FWVoT57RTAL8xb
Edj7> here to unsubscribe