[blind-democracy] FW: #FreedomFlotilla Sets Sail; Urge Kerry to Oppose Attack

  • From: Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 22:01:03 -0400

_____

From: info=justforeignpolicy.org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:info=justforeignpolicy.org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Just
Foreign Policy
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2015 9:50 PM
To: miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: #FreedomFlotilla Sets Sail; Urge Kerry to Oppose Attack

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=8aNKs7B6%2BWlLFczpI89QPtjn9gmx
lY5o> Just Foreign Policy

Dear Miriam,

Urge John Kerry to ensure safe passage for #FreedomFlotillaIII from
international waters to Gaza.

Take
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=hugpB8pV5q47XzevPcQ3JNjn9gmxlY
5o> Action

Minutes ago, international peace advocates aboard the Freedom Flotilla III
announced their departure from European ports to the port of Gaza via
international waters, to protest the illegal blockade of 1.8 million human
beings in Gaza. [1] Former US Army Col. Ann Wright and USS Liberty veteran
Joe Meadors are on board. [2] The UN has recently called for the end of the
Gaza blockade. [3]

Urge Secretary of State Kerry to press the Netanyahu government not to
attack the flotilla by signing our petition at MoveOn:

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ojD3cGCry%2BvXce54ftUMktjn9gmx
lY5o> http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/kerry-safe-passage-flotilla

Retired IDF major general Shlomo Gazit, who was head of IDF military
intelligence, has called on the Netanyahu government to let the peaceful
flotilla pass to Gaza unmolested. [4] Haaretz - the "New York Times of
Israel" - has defended the right of Knesset Member Basel Ghattas to
participate in the flotilla as a nonviolent political protest of the Gaza
blockade. [5]

Urge Secretary Kerry to stand with General Gazit and Haaretz and press
Netanyahu to let the flotilla pass from international waters to Gaza
unmolested by signing and sharing our petition:

http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/kerry-safe-passage-flotilla
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=vwW6GsBePNeekxf82EdW0djn9gmxlY
5o>

You can follow the flotilla on twitter on #FreedomFlotillaIII and
@GazaFFlotilla.

Thanks for all you do to help make US foreign policy more just,

Robert Naiman, Megan Iorio, and Avram Reisman
Just Foreign Policy

Help support our work by making a $15 tax-deductible donation.
If you like what we do, help fund us. Make a $15 tax-deductible donation
today!
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/donate
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=DZJoRrAq7%2FDS08V%2B4QTPLtjn9g
mxlY5o>