[blind-democracy] FW: Challenge Hillary to Justify Syria "No Fly Zone" in #DemDebate

  • From: Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 13:49:35 -0400

_____

From: info=justforeignpolicy.org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:info=justforeignpolicy.org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Just
Foreign Policy
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2015 1:15 PM
To: miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: CNN: Challenge Hillary to Justify Syria "No Fly Zone" in #DemDebate

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=tff64%2B5iEVtMXgeeZJCAmk2s5%2B
qyRdhc> Just Foreign Policy

Dear Miriam,

Tell CNN to challenge Hillary to justify Syria "No Fly Zone".

Take
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=RO0wk9ytrtdt19Lq0L7ojE2s5%2Bqy
Rdhc> Action

Following increased Russian military intervention in Syria, Hillary Clinton
joined Republican calls for the US to impose a "no fly zone" in Syria. [1]
President Obama has called these proposals for a "no-fly zone" in Syria
"half-baked" "mumbo jumbo." [2]

Urge CNN moderators to challenge Hillary to explain and justify her advocacy
for trying to impose a "no fly zone" in Syria by signing our petition at
MoveOn:

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=PQf%2FFgmfL%2FkNU4z15CXkCk2s5%
2BqyRdhc> http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/cnn-hillary-syria-no-fly-zone

Senator Bernie Sanders is standing with President Obama against this
dangerous proposal for military escalation. "We must be very careful about
not making a complex and dangerous situation in Syria even worse," Sanders
said, warning that a no-fly zone in Syria "could get us more deeply involved
in that horrible civil war and lead to a never-ending U.S. entanglement in
that region." [3]

Former Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley is siding with President Obama and
Senator Sanders. "Secretary Clinton is always quick for the military
intervention. I believe that a no-fly zone right now is not advisable,"
O'Malley said. "No-fly zones sound attractive, but no-fly zones also have to
be enforced. And given the fact that the Russian air force is in the
airspace over Syria, this could lead to an escalation of Cold War
proportions because of an accident, and I don't think that's in the best
interests of the United States," O'Malley said. [4]

Urge CNN moderators to challenge Hillary to justify her advocacy for a "no
fly zone" in Syria by signing and sharing our petition:

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=k%2BhbbMFcMqelf3S9mrLKzU2s5%2B
qyRdhc> http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/cnn-hillary-syria-no-fly-zone

Thanks for all you do to help prevent, end, and limit wars,

Robert Naiman and Avram Reisman
Just Foreign Policy

Help support our work by making a $15 tax-deductible donation.
If you like what we do, help fund us. Make a $15 tax-deductible donation
today!
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/donate
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=WeVDXCUm%2BtNNldmpVhplpE2s5%2B
qyRdhc>