[blind-democracy] Re: Close Guantanamo and Return It to Cuba

  • From: Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 16:38:11 -0500

I doubt it. I've just been reading about how our government forced Castro
into the arms of Russia. This history, which I've read in other books as
well, is in The Devil's Chessbook. Our government sees every government that
it can't dominate, as a threat and then treats it as an enemy. Had the US
behaved differently when the Cubans overthrew Batista, who was a dictator,
Cuba would have developed differently and the relationship between Cuba and
the US would have been friendly and productive.

Miriam