[blind-democracy] Re: AFB CEO Carl Augusto. retires

  • From: Carl Jarvis <carjar82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 08:33:15 -0700

Agreed. I also do not want to appear to be disrespectful of the long
efforts of Carl Augusto. Like Miriam, I was caught up in the wording
of the release. While much of the AFB's work goes unnoticed out here
in the Frontier land, we do use much of the material on their web
site, designed for Seniors.
I should check to see if they have any representatives in the
Northwest, who would be available as a contact for speaking duty.
Anyway Charlie, thanks for the good words on behalf of Carl Augusto.

Carl Jarvis
On 8/11/15, Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Charlie,

Your response makes my point. In one sentence, you wrote about some
specific
things that AFB has worked on. If the press release had mentioned audible
traffic signals, audio description, etc., it would have been much more
meaningful to me. I wasn't criticizing the organization or the man. I was
criticizing the blurb. It sounded like corporate advertising.