[blind-democracy] Re: AFB CEO Carl Augusto. retires

  • From: Carl Jarvis <carjar82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 14:18:14 -0700

Exactly. Jeff thom sent this out and I had the same reaction.
Reminded me of my years at the Agency, spinning Fairy Tales to those
who needed them in order to keep our funding in place. I have seen
some improvement in AFB's work for the older blind, but it's like a
nice old uncle who lives far, far away. Good to know he's there, but
he's not doing anything for me.

Carl Jarvis

On 8/11/15, Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

He may have been a wonderful CEO. I know nothing about him, nor am I aware
of how AFB has touched my life as an aging blind person. I have no
criticism
except that this announcement is filled with modern jargon, impersonal
generalizations that sound positive like
Under his leadership, AFB has made significant strides in leveling the
playing field for people with vision loss, especially in the areas of
public
policy, education, technology, aging and employment.
That sounds really nice. But it might be more meaningful to me if some
specific examples were included.