[blind-chess] Update on Alvin Blazik

  • From: "Hugh Pharis" <h62730mp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 10:24:52 -0400

Hello, fellow chessers, Not having heard from Alvin in our friendly game for
more than a day, I talked with his wife, Wennie, yesterday evening. She told me
that he had been doing very well after his surgical procedure last Friday in
which two stints had been placed in his right thigh to restore blood flow to
his right foot.
But between then and Tuesday afternoon, he began feeling intense pain and was
rushed to the emergency room and was admitted to the hospital and put in ICU. A
blood clot was discovered and surgery is scheduled for either today or
tomorrow.  Wennie did not know when I talked with her; but she said she would
keep me informed.
I do not mind telling you, in case you are not aware, but Alvin is a whiz with
helping us with understanding and operating these electronic beasts. I would
never have known as much as I do without his helping me through the seven years
or so we've been friends.
Keep him i
Hugh your prayers that all will be successful.