[blind-chess] Possible spoiler, Problem WAC003

  • From: "Chris C." <cchaffin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 14:50:30 -0400

Hi Richard and all,

Okay, I know the puzzles want to know the next best move available.
And this has to be done by a forcing move.
So this is what I would do:

1. Rg3, pinning and threatening his queen with my rook.
Black only has two responses to this move:
1... fxg3, taking my rook with his pawn
or
1... Qxg3, taking my rook with his queen

If black...
1... fxg3
2. Bxg5, taking his queen and threatening his rook
or
if black...
1... Qxg3
2. Nxg3

Either way, white is able to capture black's queen and increase his advantage.

Chris