[blind-chess] Re: Position analysis

  • From: "Chris C." <cchaffin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 01:53:42 -0400

Okay everyone, any ideas??
I was thinking maybe the move for Black being b6.
A simple move, but entraps the queen more in the corner and limits her to only 4 squares of which she can move. With the help of black's bishop on c8 and his knight on e3, maybe the white queen can be cornered and trapped.
What do you all think?

Any input or other suggestions are more than welcome.

Chris

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roderick Macdonald" <rmacd@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 2:55 PM
Subject: [blind-chess] Position analysis

g'morning,

Below I am posting a position that actually occurred in a USBCA tournament
game I played last year. I suggest you take a look at the diagram and
determine which side has the better position. After you have analyzed the
position, decide what is Black's best move to either improve his position
or take a strong advantage, depending on which side has the better
position. I will post later today with the answer. Note that White's main
threat in this diagram is against the pawn at b7 - if black moves his
Bishop at c8. Note also that there is no threat from either side for
immediate checkmate, at least not without a big blunder.

Diagram:
r1br2k1/
pp2qpp1/
7p/