[blind-chess] Re: New Ladder Seeding Proposal

  • From: "Chris C." <cchaffin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 12:30:12 -0400

Hi Richard,
I highly agree with you in that I think we should be more focused on education
and less on competition.  That is the main reason i support the reverse order
proposal.
I think it is all in how we approach it.
Instead of looking at it as being "sitting ducks" or "targets", I look at it as
an opportunity to learn.
One thing I like about the list is the relaxed atmosphere, and I think this is
because we try to help one another, and that is the way it should be.
To much concentration on competition or rating points will take away from this.
There is nothing wrong with some fun competition, but we should never lose
sight of why we are all here, and that is to learn from each other and help
each other become better players.
Just my opinion.

Chris