[blind-chess] Re: Ladder ordering, was: Re: Current Ladder Players

  • From: "Chris C." <cchaffin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:23:45 -0400

Hi Richard,

Yes, you are correct to say that the lower ranked players will be kind of
sitting ducks since the higher ranked players will be at the bottom and will be
challenging people to reach the top.

And even though I know my chances of actually beating one of those higher
ranked players would probably need a miracle, I do look forward to the
challenge.  It will be a time that I will be paying close attention to what my
opponent is doing so hopefully I might pick up a tactic or stradegy to help my
game in the future.  We are all here to learn from each other and hopefully
make ourselves better players.  And to me who better to learn from than someone
who has a vast knowledge and experience in the game!

Another reason I support your idea of starting in reverse order is because it
will stir up a lot more activity in the tournament and make for people being
able to play more games.  Plus, we will each see a bigger variety of opponents.

I really do not know what everyone else thinks about the reverse order, but I
do support it.
I personally think we have a good group of chess players who range in
experience, but who also wants to help each other learn and become better
players.
I for one really like to help anyone I can learn more about the game and become
a better player.

Thanks again Richard for all of your time you have put into this list and make
it what it is.

Chris