[blind-chess] Re: Jim's Ladder Confusion

  • From: "Chris C." <cchaffin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 21:39:00 -0400

Hi Jim,

There is no limit on how long a game can last. The only requirement is that you have to submit one move within 24 hours from receiving your opponents last move. The five days that you were referring too is called the reflection time allowed. The reflection time is the time you take to reflect on your next move and submit it to your opponent.
Think of the 5 days of reflection time as a grace period.
If a person does not submit a move within the required 24 hours, then 1 day is subtracted from his reflection time. If this is repeated 5 times during a single game, then that persons reflection time would be down to zero, and because of this, the game is then over and the other person wins automatically. So as long as you submit your move within the required time, then you really do not have anything to worry about.

I hope this has been helpful.

Chris

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim" <jhomme1028@xxxxxxxxx>