[blind-chess] Chess Puzzle approach, was: Chess articles

  • From: "R Dinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "chess" <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 10:16:06 -0700

Hi Carol and all,

Good idea regarding allowing more time to work on a puzzle.  I would also like
to encourage providing a short discussion of what principle is demonstrated by
the puzzle along with the solution, if there is some specific principle.

Starting Monday I will be sending some end game puzzles from a book by Larry
Evans.  The thirty some puzzles are in the form of a test starting with simple
problems worth two points each and progressively getting more difficult.

I was thinking of one problem each weekday.  I can send five on Monday and the
answers the following Monday.  Or one a day Monday through Friday with answers
on the following Monday.  Or ...?

Any comments or suggestions?

Richard