[blind-chess] Re: Chess Article #33 Pawn Structure Question on Stu dy

  • From: "dauidr@xxxxxxxx" <dauidr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 05:09:44 GMT

Hi, Rod. Y You're right about pawn structures being an advanced idea. But,
finding an article on the various types on structures such as the e5 pawn
chain, the Carlsbad, etc. would be interesting.

I would recommend folks going to chessgames.com and viewing the array of games
from the US chamionships. Even a cursory look at the games shows the use of
numerous pawn structures.  An interesting contrast for me was seeing the
difference between Nakamura, Kamsky, and Benjamin's styles. Pawn structure is
vital for all of them. But, they provide a contrast in how to use it for
attacking as well as  defense.

David Rosenkoetter