[blind-chess] Re: Chess Article #33 Pawn Structure Question on Study

  • From: Knightrider <adatewithmate@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 00:06:32 -0400

Thanks Rod, I'll keep  that in mind.

Knightrider

-----Original Message-----
From: Roderick Macdonald <rmacd@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2010 4:06 PM
To: blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [blind-chess] Re: Chess Article #33 Pawn Structure Question on Study

Hi Lewis,

Pawn structure is a relatively advanced topic, true enough. Most "experts"
recommend studying endgames first. Tactics are also important. It is also
a good idea to study and become comfortable with a few basic openings from
each side of the board. Finally, it is a great way to learn to play over
master games with annotations explaining the reasons for the mvoes. (I'll
try to come up with some of this soon.)

My next article will be a glossary of chess terms, which will include
definitions of tactical concepts like the pin, fork, skewer, etc. I would
suggest downloading this and keeping it available in an easily accessible
form - in your word processor, for example.

Let's put it this way: You will never be World Chess Champion, and neither
will I, but there is a heck of a lot of enjoyment between "here" and
"there".

If you should think of possible specific areas for my "article hunt" don't
be shy about suggesting them. I might have overlooked the pawn structure
stuff if you hadn't suggested it.

Rod