[blind-chess] Additional help for Outlook Express Users Requesting Players Help on Game Records

  • From: "alvin blazik" <ablazik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 16:43:07 -0500

 Outlook Express -  To stop indentation with >synbols when replying in Emails

The > symbol is placed at the left of each line of the original message. This
makes the original
message stand out from the reply message. Below  are instructions to change the
Outlook Express
Options to stop this procedure. Please forward to anyone in need.
Enjoying Chess, Alvin

To stop indentation with > symbols when replying on Emails do the following:

1. Load Outlook Express and have no open emails.
2. Hold down Alt key and press the letter "t", to open the Tools Menu.
3. Down arrow to Options and press enter.
4. Hold down the shift key and press the Tab key once.
5. Press the right arrow key till you are on the
"Send" tab and press the Tab key.
6. Press the Tab key till you are on the first " HTML Settings" entry and press
enter.
7. Press the Tab key till you are on the "Indent Message on reply" checkbox.
Now press the space bar
to uncheck this box.
8. Press Tab  key till you are on the "OK" entry and press enter.
9. Press Tab key once to "Plain Text Settings" and press enter.
10. Press Tab key till you are on the "Indent the Original message text with"
checkbox. Now press
the spacebar to uncheck this box.
11. Press Tab key till you are on the "OK" entry and press enter.
12. Press the Tab key until you are on the "OK" entry and press enter.

Note: If you need this same option on News Groups this same procedure must be
done on the last 2
entries in this dialogue. Specifically, Html settings and Plain Text settings.