[bksvol-discuss] Re: .zip format

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 20:08:30 -0700

Hi. I don't know specifically about .zip submissions, but I always upload the raw .rtf file without compression. I have never had a problem with an invalid file this way. I know that sometimes it chokes on files with spaces in the names, but I have never had a problem with that either. I would suggest not using zip at all. I don't know what causes invalid .rtf files, but I would try opening them in Word. If Word crashes, it's probably corrupted somehow. If Word opens it but the step 2 page rejects it, you could try adding and deleting a character and saving, or you could save as .doc, open the .doc, and save again as .rtf.