[bksvol-discuss] where to find synopses

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 17:12:23 -0800 (PST)

--. For heaven's sake,
> how long does it take to
> > visit Powells or Amazon or do a simple Google
> search to find one?

Also, the cover flaps, if the book has a cover, or if
it's a paperback, usually the back of the book, have
summaries. Sometimes it might take a bit of thinking
to extract the important parts for the brief synopsis,
 and more can be used for the long synopsis, but I'm
sure most of us are smart enough to be able to extract
what we need. I, too, tend to make my short synopsis
too long, and ahve to pare and pare, but it's good
practice, I think.

Also, many libraries' online catalogs are now putting
not only reviews but annotations, which are brief
synopses of the book. Even if they don't have reviews,
they have he annotation.

http://mail.yahoo.com