[bksvol-discuss] what to strip, that is the question?

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 17:35:06 -0700

Hi Gang,

After seeing so many notes come through about stripping headers and what not to strip I am getting more confused. I scan and submit. I don't do any validating. I'm trying to get the book as ready as I can for the validator but am confused as to what all to do. This stripper that is frequently mentioned, does it take the headers out like the title of the book or the author's name and not the page numbers? So many of these headers must be written in script or something like that as it doesn't read a lot of them well at all. Now can I just leave them and not waste time on them know this miracle stripper will find them and to it for me? I certainly think the quality of books could and should be improved if there was a published list of instructions and information for the people who just scan.
O.K., off my soap box again.

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California