[bksvol-discuss] what to do when you can't find copyright info

  • From: tina sohl <tinabir@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: curtis@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 18:52:35 -0500

Hi. We're trying to scan a book here and we can't seem to get the copyright information from it. It's one we got from interlibrary loan, but isn't in bookshare so we thought we'd submit it so we, and others can enjoy it. Should we just check with a sourch such as amazon and cut and paste the information from their page or take it back to the library or just ask the author? I follow her on facebook and twitter but haven't asked her aso thought I'd ask here first. Also, we have 2 pieces of scanning software here, the one we're using right now saves in RTF form, but I'm not sure the other does but it saves in daisy or mp3 or brf, would any of those be acceptable if we scanned with that one or do we need to convert it somehow? Thanks, and we're hoping we can add to the collection this way which I've missed doing since hard copy books aren't really taken anymore, maybe here's another way.