[bksvol-discuss] Re: what happy women know

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:26:57 -0700 (PDT)

Jim,

Not Satauna, but...it sounds from the posts as if
perhaps you didn't press down on the book hard enough.
New scanners, including me at first when I scanned
(just validate now) think the the cover presses down
on the book. ThenI found out that one doesn't use the
cover at all, and must press down by hand on books,
especially at the spine--but not hard enough to break
the glass. I haven't see What Happy WOmen Know, but I
have seen books that have a lot of extraneous
characters usually at the ends of sentences, or
sentences that are incomplete, or pages where there
seem to be sentences jumbled on the page or from
nearby pages, and it's because the person scanning
didn't press the book so that the page is firnly flat
on the scanner bed.

hth

Cindy