[bksvol-discuss] went to a book sale - whoopee!

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Vol Group <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 20:23:38 -0700 (PDT)

The Friends of the Palo Alto Library had their monthly sale today, so we
stocked up on 42 classic and not-quite-so-classic books.  If anyone is already
working on any of these, please let me know and I'll take it out of the group.
These are fairly low priority so it'll be a while before they show up on the
download list.  Thanks!  Carrie

  How to Read a Book by Mortimer J. Adler and Charles Van Doren
  Without Feathers by Woody Allen
  Crime and Mr. Campion by Margery Allingham
  No Love Lost by Margery Allingham
  Surfacing by Margaret Atwood
  The Plum Plum Pickers by Raymond Barrio
  The Burning House: Short Stories by Ann Beattie
  Knock Wood by Candice Bergen
  Leaving Cold Sassy by Olive Ann Burns
  Sylvia Plath: Method and Madness by Edward Butscher
  The Eagles Gather by Taylor Caldwell
  Tolkien: A Biography by Humphrey Carpenter
  The Best American Mystery Stories 2003 by Michael Connelly (editor)
  The Loving Spirit by Daphne du Maurier
  Light in August by William Faulkner
  How to Make Yourself Miserable by Dan Greenburg
  Gold as Gold by Joseph Heller
  Rattlesnake Crossing by J. A. Jance
  A Nation of Immigrants by John F. Kennedy
  The Fox by D. H. Lawrence
  Our Game by John Le Carre
  Partisans by Alistair MacLean
  The Splendid Outcast by Beryl Markham
  Big Man by Ed McBain
  Doll by Ed McBain
  Guns by Ed McBain
  He Who Hesitates by Ed McBain
  The April Robin Murders by Ed McBain
  Bend Sinister by Vladimir Nabokov
  Holidays in Hell by P. J. O'Rourke
  How to Make an American Quilt by Whitney Otto
  The Adventures of Captain Underpants by Dav Pilkey
  Flowering Judas and Other Stories by Katherine Anne Porter
  The Bull From the Sea by Mary Renault
  The King Must Die by Mary Renault
  The First Circle by Alexander Solzhenitsyn
  Black Mischief by Evelyn Waugh
  The Eye of the Story by Eudora Welty
  The Optimist's Daughter by Eudora Welty
  Essays of E. B. White by E. B. White