[bksvol-discuss] vulture validating

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 02:17:13 -0400

This term "vulture validating" is used to describe the story you tell below.

Many of us use the ettiquette of letting a book returned to step 1 stay there for a week before we take it away. Others ask on list if they can validate a particular book.

I too have experienced the story you tell and know how annoying it can be.

E.

At 12:11 AM 10/4/2008, you wrote:
Recently I was validating a book which was a very good scan. However, too many things were interfering and I wasn't doing it fast enough in my opinion so released the book. Two days later the book was aproved and in the catalog. Sure enough when I downloaded the book to read, I ran into some of the same errors I as a validator had corrected. When I can find the time I plan to ask that this book be returned so that I can make a very good scan better; obviously the final validator did not read this book. Jill