[bksvol-discuss] Re: varifying copyright holder

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 21:40:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Linda,

The two different ISBN numbers don't matter. My guess
is that when you uploaded the book you didn't check to
see what, if anything, the submitter had on the form.
The copyright holder, according to the copyright page,
is Barbara Delinsky, and the date is 2004. Since there
is a publication date of 2004 by Scribner, and a
publication date for the paperback of 2005 by Penguin,
it's possible that the submitter put one of the
publishers in the copyright space instead of Barbara
Delinsky's name, and possibly the copyright date of
2005, if they used the Penguin date.

Download the book from page one and re-upload your
validated copy. Check to be sure the copyright name
and date are correct--Barbara Delinsky, 2004. If you
feelit's necessary, in the comments space, past a copy
of the copyright page or a note saying that though
your copy, and the file, were published by Penguin in
2005, the copyright holder is Barbara...

HTH

Cindy

P.S. Glad you checked and noticed that before someone
else took the book and re-did your work. Your
experience is a good reminder that we all should check
the page one until we see the books we work on in the
collection. We validators never get a notice if
there's anything wrong, though hopefully that will be
changed. I think Jake and Gerald have suggested it.

Cindy