[bksvol-discuss] Re: update the historian

  • From: Jill O'Connell <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 17:53:11 -0700

Perhaps there needs to be a link informing contributors that they need to list
the book they are planning to submit. I'm not a computer programmer but if the
book could then be removed from the list when it is actually submitted, that
might go a long way to prevent what I found so upsetting. This same technique,
if possible, should also be applied to the bbbooks on Rui's list because the
last time I looked a week ago there were three books that I knew about that
were already on the catalog list. I'm talking about the kind of feature that
puts our submitted books immediately on the step 1 list and also removes them
immediately from the upload list when we upload them. If engineering is going
to be doing some work on the web site, I wonder how difficult it would be to
accomplish this and at the same time give instruction to submitters that they
should list the book they are working on so that others won't duplicate it.
Perhaps this problem doesn't occur very often but it is cer
 tainly f
ing when it does and a lot of time has been put in on making the submission as
good as possible.