[bksvol-discuss] reply to your suggestions--Ooops

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 18:44:45 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry folks--somehow I hit a key that sent before I
even wrote anaything.

Jill,

It would be nice if there were a list on which
*everybody* could post what they were scanning for
submission and we could all check it before scanning.
Even the wish list--when people take books off it, the
books don't disappear and other people then scan
those, too.

As soon as a book is submitted, it goes instantly to
the page one download list, so before one scans a book
one should check that list and also Marissa's List to
see if the considered book is in  the process of being
validated or is in the administrator-approval pile.
The problem is that if one person is scanning a book,
that book won't show up ont he page one list until it
is submitted, so there's no way of someone else
knowing if it is being scanned. Also, without Marissa,
that list isn't updated very quickly, so it's
practically no help at all. If someone has downloaded
a book and is validating it, there's no way to know if
 Marissa's List isn't current.

I'm not sure what you mean by books being removed
immediately from the Upload list when you upload them.
If you mean after validation, they are. They then go
to a pool for final administrator approval, which,
unfortunately, with the lack of personnel at
bookshare, is taking a long time--and with the
infrequency of Marissa's List., there's no way of
telling if a book is there.

re your very last comment--I'm afraid that the
duplication situation occurs perhaps more often than
we know or like.

I echo others' suggestions. I wish there were some way
that some of us volunteers could help out with some of
the approval process.

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com