[bksvol-discuss] Re: the unscannable book

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 20:37:30 -0400

When I was scanning State and Revolution by V.I. Lenin I had a devil of a time with it and I was pretty new to scanning books then. The margins, especially the margins next to the spine, were nearly nonexistent. Finally I managed to scan the whole book by scanning one page at a time and checking it carefully before I went on to the next one. Most often I had to scan each page two or three times before it came out right. I was very fortunate that it was a fairly short book. The techniques I developed with it still effect how I scan a book. Even now I scan two pages at a time and preproof each two pages before going on to the next two. Sometimes, if I start finding a lot of errors, I will still switch to one page at a time.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." - Richard Dawkins

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com