[bksvol-discuss] Re: the unscannable book

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 18:57:38 -0400

Books with little to no margins are so hard because you either get a dark
line in the middle that covers part of the text or you don't get the text at
all. I find the Optic book helps with this a lot, also if you can press hard
on the spine. If not, I find I have to type in the missing letters or words
as I scan which takes a long, long time. Or send a copy to Bookshare that
they can chop and run through their high speed document feed scanner.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: All This Hell by Evelyn Monahan