[bksvol-discuss] Re: still more questions

  • From: "Christina" <greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 20:18:46 -0400

Hi, if they're scannos, then go ahead and fix them. I take out the dashes in the middle of words if they're not supposed to be there as well. The letters rn often appear in place of the letter m and vice versa. There was a list of common OCR errors going around a while ago. Perhaps someone will read this e-mail topic and send it to you.

Good luck.
Christina

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jamie Prater" <jdprater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Cc: <sisterchicks4Him@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 7:06 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] still more questions

Hi, I've founa few more errors, "morn" when it should be "mom", and Jap - anese instead of Japanese. What would make all these boo-boos in a manuscript, and what's to be done? Good thing I've got a week on this as it looks like I'm gonna need it. Good thing it seems like a fun story, and that's why I like easy books. Thanks in advance. Have a blessed day.