[bksvol-discuss] still having trouble installing 3600

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: k1000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 09:19:43 -0800

Hi to Lary and Mary and all you good guys who answered my plea. I tried everything again and still have the same results. Let me tell you briefly what I did. In the start menu I found uninstall for plustic 3600 and uninstalled it. Then I rebooted. Actually I had the scanner plugged in and connected while uninstallling, is this wrong? Then I clicked on the driver download and it opened up to about 20 files, one of which was install.exe which I entered on. Then it seemed to go through the usual process of installing with the only question of where I wanted it to be installed to. Then it asked if I wanted to reboot and I clicked on it and it rebooted. Now it looks like the files are all there but when I go into k1000 and look where scanners are listed it says plustec 3600 twain and arrowing doesn't bring up any other choices. If I press the scanner key it says it can't detect a scanner. Any thoughts? Apparently I'm doing something wrong but can't figure it out. Sorry for the length of this but I wanted it to be clear on all the steps I took.

Thanks for bearing with me.

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California