[bksvol-discuss] Re: searching for Italicized or bolded text

  • From: Lynn Zelvin <lynn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 17:51:16 -0500

You can do this in Word. Here is what I do in Word 2002. Let me know if you get stuck.

1. Control-F to pull up the search box
2. tab to "more" and press space
3. Tab to the format button and press the down arrow
4. You will have a menu of choices, Font should be the first item on the menu. Press enter on it
5. Tab once to "font style" and arrow down to bold or italics.
6. Press enter and you will be back in the edit field in the search box. It will seem like it's empty. 7. Press Enter again and it will search for the next occurrence of that attribute. 8. Press escape and your focus will be on the bolded or italicized text and that text will be selected. You can press control-PageDown to move to the next occurrence and each time you do, that text will be selected.

hth

Lynn
lynn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 06:11 PM 1/8/2010, you wrote:
Is there a way in Kurzweil 11 or word to search for bolded or itaicized text if one does not know the string of words?