[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanning large book

  • From: "Jana Jackson" <jana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 01:01:08 -0500

Hi, Lisa! One thing that I don't believe has been mentioned for a while, and which might be of help to you now, is that it helps to either completely remove the scanner cover or at least leave it open when scanning a book, particularly a paperback, although I usually do this with hard-backs as well. Most of us have found that it makes it much easier to press down on the spine of a book when the scanner cover is out of the way. I'm sure you're already doing this, but just in case, I thought I would also let you know that it's much easier to turn the book sideways and set your OCR software to scan two pages at once, so that all of the page breaks will be in the correct places... most of the time, anyway. <Smile> Of course, there are times when a book is just too wide to do this, but when it's possible, it makes a validater's work go much faster. Let us know if you need more help. We're glad to have you on board. Take care!

Jana

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lisa Kidder" <lisakid@xxxxxxx>