[bksvol-discuss] scanning a book and some questions

  • From: "Chanelle Hill" <chanellemh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 16:44:57 -0600

Volunteer list,
I am going to attempt scanning a book, which I may or may not use for
a Bible study; however, I have it on hand to contribute to the
Bookshare collection. It is entitled Overcoming Through Jesus:
Embracing His Death and Receiving his Victorious Life by Bill
Liversidge. The author expounds an in-depth study of Romans 5-8 and
describes "righteousness by faith" from a fresh perspective.
For now, I am using a demonstration version of Openbook 8.0, which I
like very well. There is a scanning program that comes with the HP
printer/scanner I am using, but I don't think it is as efficient as
Openbook for scanning books. Have any of you had success using
programs such as Omnipage, Fine Reader, or others on the market?
Textbridge Pro 11 worked nicely when I was using it, but I lost the
product serial number. Maybe I will get a complete version of Openbook
when I receive services from Department of Services for the Blind. In
the mean time, please let me know if you have successfully used other
scanning programs besides Openbook and Kurzweil.
Thank you.

Chanelle