[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanners USB vs SCSI?

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 14:02:10 -0500

Hi Jim,
I don't recall that the 1240 was mentioned as one of the slow Epsons. I think
the 1250 was, or 1650, something with 50. How long does it take for you to scan
a page? You're talking scanning here, right? Not
recognition, which takes additional time, and which speed depends on your
machine's available memory, hard drive speed, processor etc. I believe the 1240
would not benefit from usb 2.0, because it came out before
usb 2.0, but I might be wrong. I'm using an older scsi scanner, an hp4p. and I
find that its speed is quite acceptable.
Mary