[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanner question

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 22:13:54 -0400

Another possibility is that the scanner head lock was accidently engaged. The lock is usually a slide or push-in switch that locks the head down for moving the scanner.

Dave

At 05:28 PM 5/22/2007, you wrote:
Hi, all.

I know it's been awhile since I last wrote; I've been monitoring the list, but there have been some changes in my life, and I haven't been able to have much time for correspondence.

I do have a question. I was trying to scan something today, and when I turn on my scanner, it makes a weird clicking sound. The computer recognizes that the scanner has been turned on, and it makes the usual sound it makes when it starts up, but along with that there is a clicking sound. Also, if I go to scan something, it sounds like it's trying but also makes the clicking sound, and then I get an error saying that the scanner is not responding. Anyone ever hear of this and is this something minor that can be fixed? I checked all cables and cords and everything is connected properly. Any help would be appreciated. I'm hoping it is something minor so I don't end up having to try to get a new one.

Lisa