[bksvol-discuss] Re: scan vs. copy

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 19:36:05 -0400

Cindy,

I just  got The Stars, My Destination from Talking Book and will try to listen
to the appropriate chapters to see how they handle some of the problems.
Unfortunately, the short stories are not available from them nor are they
available from RFB but I promised the local chapter that as soon as I was
finished they could have my copy from which to make a recording. I shall be
interested to see how they handle it.  They have a good chapter here with
connections to many of the local Universities and Colleges as well as a
multi-lingual community to draw from. As for the equation, it was on page 331
and it would be fine if I could copy it as the "square root of" is the only
part that does not show up which is why I would like to be able to have it on
the page as I would think/hope the Bookshare computers would be able to show it
 - I gather from some of the comments that the collection includes mathematics
texts.  The more that can be in the copy I submit, the better it is for the
readers but I must admit that I wish I knew how to teach my K 1000 better
pronunciation.  I know there is a way to do it but I just don't know it.

In any event I hope you enjoy whatever parts of the Bester you read.  I want to
do him justice as he has given me much pleasure and even more thought over the
almost 50 years since I first read him. And he has had a great deal of
influence on those who came after him though none that I have read had done as
much with psi-ence fiction as he did. I look forward to hearing your reaction.

Amy