[bksvol-discuss] Re: request for a book

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 23:52:33 -0700

Hi Cindy,

I have requested "Critical Space," by Greg Rucka from my library and will scan it as soon as I have it in my hands. My guess is that I won't have it for a couple of weeks, as it has to arrive to me by USPS. I hope that is soon enough. If anyone else scans it sooner, could someone let me know, please?

        Thanks.

Peace,
Mayrie

At 05:28 PM 9/4/2007, you wrote:
Marcus Williams has requested Critical Space by Greg
Rucka. I've added it to the Wish List (being housed on
Jamie's and Jim Baugh's sites listed below), but I
don't know how many of you look there for books to
scan. It seemseems to me that quite a few of you are
doing BSOs, and I think that's really more important,
to get the books in the collection in excellent shape
so that members don't get discouraged with the quality
and drop membership.

However, I'm mentioning Critical Space here because
it's an "exciting thriller" in which the main
character is Atticus Kodiak, head of the  KTMH
Security team. Atticus is a bodgyguard "renowned as
the only security operative ever to outmaneuver a
young female assassin know as Drama, one of the
deadliest members of The Ten, an international group
of stone-cold killers."

This sounds like the kind of book  lot of you would
like. It's fourth in a series but the reviews say it's
not necessasry to read the others first.

I see we have no books by Rucka in the collection--but
then we don't have any of the Henning Mankell
detective stories (A Swedish detective, modern) or
Batya Gur detective stories (Israeli police inspector
series), both of which are supposedly excellent. I've
read several of the Henning Mankell and enjoyed
them--gritty  and realistic but not scary--and I'm
trying to find time to read a least one of the Batya
Gur books. A summary and reviews I've read made the
books and characters sound interesting.

Wish Lists available to peruse at
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/
)