[bksvol-discuss] Re: rediong a book that's good quality

  • From: "Munawar Bijani" <munawarb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 19:10:43 -0500

Hi,
That depends under what conditions the book will be rescanned. If the pages
didn't drag or jam through the ADF the first time and still the book is only
"good" quality, then the problem is with the scanner or perhaps the type
face of the book itself, in which case the only way to probably get a better
scan quality is to try a different combination of scanner/software. If the
first scan came with frequent page jams and maybe some destroyed pages
through the ADF (I hate it when that happens) then yes, a rescan may help.
Also try wiping down the scanner glass before rescanning.

Munawar A. Bijani
mailto:munawarb@xxxxxxxxx