[bksvol-discuss] question on portable reading device

  • From: Mu <mu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 00:56:27 -0700

Hi All,
I am newly signed up  and hope this is a place to post a question I have using
bookshare.org  and  related.
I recently bought a Victor Reader  Stream to listen to books, after using Jaws
on my PC for many years.
However the voice in the Victor reader is quite different from that of Jaws,
and from what I can tell, there is only one selection. My question is:
1. does Victor reader offer other choice of voice? which are more forceful as
in Jaws?

2. Does Jaws  (or Freedom Scientific) offer a portable  device that plays Daisy
books? It seems they only sell a program that works with their Omni machine.
I am not sure if i am correct

Hope to hear from those who have been using portable readers a lot, many thanks!
Richard

At 06:50 PM 9/19/2010 -0500, Susan wrote:
>Hi Larry,
>
>I believe the JAWS berbosity option to be announce page breaks with pages,
>section breaks and columns.
>
>Susan

>bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list of

Regards
Richard