[bksvol-discuss] question for clarification

  • From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 11:16:46 -0700

I am reading a book in braille from Bookshare which has a braille line only for every other page. However, numbers for each page are shown. Does this mean that the scanner had one page selected in his options but was actually scanning two pages at a time. If so, when the validator saw the heading and the next page number, if a page break was inserted at that point, would this have solved the problem? Also, it was my impression that the stripper removed headings, but in this book at least as far as I have read, all headings are preserved along with the page numbers. In case anyone wants to look at the braille version of the book, it is Smuggler's Moon by Bruce Alexander. I am anxious to understand what happened here. Jill