[bksvol-discuss] Re: problem noted across books and proofers and software engines

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garyp130@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 22:02:30 -0500

One is to look for a new line followed
by a lowercase letter. Except at the top of a page, these should rarely show up. Quotes can sometimes start this way, but the line above would usually have some kind of punctuation indicating that this is a quote. Sometimes that's not the case, but most times it is. I use the quote space quote check and let context tell me what's going on. I do try to check paragraphing with an Optacon, too. Of course I miss some.
Good luck and happy hunting.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Valerie Maples" <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>