[bksvol-discuss] o/t the real bubble boy

  • From: "Rui" <rui@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 20:15:36 -0500

Hi everyone:
Sue is referring to David Vetter who died in the Houston area in 1984.

He lived in a bubble for most of his life because he had SCID, or severe
combined immune deficiency, which happens in about 1 in every 75,000 births.

The 2001 movie however was a comedic version of this and in no way was an
accurate representation.
Why you would make a comedy about a disease, hey, i don't know.