[bksvol-discuss] Re: okay, submitting BOOKS

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 14:34:42 -0800 (PST)

This is probably a foolish question,m but did you
elinminate the little dashes and the fc or whatever
that's with the title whenyou downloaded the book?

Cindy

--- Katie Hill <kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I JUST LOOKED, ONE DID AND ONE DIDN'T. The one that
> didn't is call the worst
> hard time. Let me try these again when I get into
> work.
>

> Have an outstanding day and remember... Every day is
> a good day for someone.
> Make it be you.
>

> Katie Hill
>
> kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> 503-777-7155
>

>   _____
>
> From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Behalf Of Anastasia
> Saridakis
> Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 6:27 AM
> To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: okay, submitting BOOKS
>

> Does the title of the file contain punctuation? lke
> an apostrophy? It its in
> the file name it wn't upload.
>
> Katie Hill <kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Alright All,
>
> I am baffled. I have been trying to upload some
> books here. I would have
> liked to upload them in kes format but I have even
> tried to upload them in
> rtf and as a zip file.
>
> This has been tried on two different books, in both
> kes and rtf. I have
> tried these uploads on three different computers, on
> three different
> internet connections, from both my USB memory stick
> and directly off the
> hard drives on these three computers, I have tried
> making changes in the
> files by saving and resaving them, I have turned off
> my AVG and still it
> either just sits there or I get the page with some
> errors. The only real
> error I have seen, once, was file had zero bits. The
> file opens fine in
> Kurzweil 11.
>
> The file sizes have been from about 500K up to 16
> mg.
>
> Any ideas????
>

> Have an outstanding day and remember... Every day is
> a good day for someone.
> Make it be you.
>
> Katie Hill
> kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 503-777-7155
>
> RICHARD PRESTON is the author of First Light, about
> astronomy, which won the
>
> American Institute of Physics Award, and American
> Steel, about the Nucor
> Corporation and its project to build a revolutionary
> steel mill. He is a
> regular contributor to The New Yorker. He has also
> won the
> A.A.A.S.Westinghouse Award and the McDermott Award
> [...]
<http://farechase.yahoo.com/promo-generic-14795097;_ylc=X3oDMTFtNW45amVpBF9T

Azk3NDA3NTg5BF9zAzI3MTk0ODEEcG9zAzEEc2VjA21haWx0YWdsaW5lBHNsawNxMS0wNw--%0d%