[bksvol-discuss] off topic; Index and Contents problem

  • From: Tom Mitchell <tommit60@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 08:50:36 -0600

On 9/20/11, Kathy Hester <kathyruthh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have been off for a long time, but have finally gotten another scanning
> program.  I used to use Kurzweil, but am now beginning to use Open Book 8.
> However, although it is still the first week in which I have had it, I
> haven't been able to figure out how to keep from having paragraphs at the
> end of each line.  I've tried the Find and replace utility using caret l,
> which doesn't produce anything.  So far, the only way I can get rid of them
> is to do the whole process for getting rid of them with caret P and the
> alphabet.  This doesn't eliminate all  problems, since a paragraph can still
> occur in the middle of a sentence when a capitalized word begins at the
> beginning of a line.  Is there a setting to use so that I won't have all
> these line breaks?
>
> I thought I might find the answer on line in Tips for Scanning, but that
> page has been deleted.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Kathy Hester
>
> "The LORD bless you and keep you;
> the LORD make His face shine upon you
> and be gracious to you;
> the LORD turn His face toward you
> and give you peace."
> Numbers 6:24-26

I'm sorry I'm doing it this way, but I can't remember my loggin to
this discussion group, and I find it hard to use anyway.  I've been
proofing the "I Love a Mystery Companion" and one of its sections is
listed on page 348 of the Table of Contents, but is really on 349.  In
fact that's even what the page number shows.  Do I change the
contents, just let it go or what.  Secondly, there's one Index shown
in the Contents, but it looks like there are two, and on neither one
is there an Index title shown.  Also, in the second index which starts
on page 383, there appear to be no line breaks between entries.  If I
insert them, it will throw the paganation off.  So what do I do with
it.  I hate to abandon this book because I've Only got 10 pages left,
and it's taken me months to get this far.  I did send some e-mails to
the scanner a week ago but haven't heard back from him.
Tom Mitchell
tommit60@xxxxxxxxx